My stylo milo fashionista Queenie has just started her own little venture doing what she does best. Mabes truly has the knack of putting things together and she’s now a fashion buyer for women who want someone professional to do the shopping for them. Absolutely no more fashion diasters!
A skirt’s just a skirt to me, but Mabes is like Miss Google on heels (specifically, stylish ones like Jimmy Choos). the woman knows what is important and here’s a couple of handy pointers she shared on her blog:
1. If you have to have a less-than-perfect tummy, opt for a looser cut that skims your curves.
2. Wear it sitting below your waist for a curve flattering effect.
3. Hems should fall to the knees or slightly lower for a longer, leaner and shapely silhouette.
4. Make your bottom half more slender by picking a skirt in a dark hue (think: black, navy blue, dark grey or green) and pair it with a light coloured top (try: cream, pale yellow, white etc).
5. To up the style ante, wear a sexy silk top, structured jacket or tuck in a voluminous blouse with your high waisted skirt.
Just for the ladies… Check out her fashion blog now @ www.theladiesaffair.wordpress.com/