The Impossible Journey was just incredible. I think in my old age, I’d be still reminiscing how wickedly smooth everything went & yes, it’s something Singapore can be proud of! I’m still reeling from it. Gosh. What a privilege to present a part of magic history!
The Concept:Magic team has worked so hard to achieve the mega illusion’s success & it’s amazing how many emails have come flooding in just hours after we were broadcast on the news! Not only were there well-wishes from fans, there was also a whole stream of project inquiries from event producers and direct clients. Whoa.
Just check out the list of publicity J C & I got for this particular project alone:
- Lianhe Wanbao, 25 Sep 2008
- “新加坡河大型幻术表演 三人在数千人眼皮下消失” Lianhe Zaobao, 25 Sep 2008
- “幻术师瞬间传送真人 穿新加坡河畔” xin.sg, 24 Sep 2008
- Channel 8 News, 24 Sep 2008 (VIDEO)
- Channel 5 News, 24 Sep 2008
- “Singapore Tonight, Channel NewsAsia, 24 Sep 2008
- “3 people to be teleported across the S’pore river in magic act”,Channel NewsAsia, 23 Sep 2008
- Lianhe Zao Bao’s “ZB Now” (Cover Story), 23 Sep 2008
- “Celebrity spotting”, AsiaOne, 22 Sep 2008
- “60 seconds with J C Sum”, IS Magazine, 19 Sept 2008
- “The Sum of All Illusions” (Cover Story), Current Events Issue 7.1, Sept 2008
- “Stuff I Love” The Sunday Times, 14 Sep 2008
- “Trick with Treats”, The Straits Times LIFE!, 12 Sept 2008
- “The Bag Page”, The Straits Times Urban, 12 Sept 2008
- “Magicians to make 3 spectators teleport across the Singapore River in 2.5 seconds”, Lianhe Wan Bao, 9 Sept 2008
- “Magic Babe can’t make her favourite gadgets magcally appear”, My Paper, 8 Sep 2008
- Hot Stuff Magazine Singapore, Cover Sep 2008 issue
- “Magic Babe will make you disappear in 2.5 seconds”, My Paper, 8 Aug 2008
- “3 weeks of events during F1 race”, The NewPaper, 24 Jun 2008
- “S’pore GP Season festivities will add to Formula 1 buzz”, My Paper, 24 Jun 2008
- “Two illusionists for F1 event in September; wil teleport across Singapore River in 2/5 seconds”, Lianhe Zaobao, 24 Jun 2008
- “Formula for fun”, TODAY, 24 Jun 2008
- “Lifestyle activities planned for Singapore’s first F1 race”, ChannelNewsAsia, 23 Jun 2008
Yep, besides being in Channel 5, Channel 8 & Channel News Asia ….we were also in today’s Chinese newspapers too:
Singapore Press Holding’s Lian He Zao Bao & Lian He Wan Bao!
See J C’s blog for more info about it, as well as, the tons of photos that the man’s just uploaded.
Speaking about J C… I swear, he’s the BEST boss ever. Because my mobile phone turned screwy, he offered to get me the new Apple iPhone I wanted because it costs a mere $49 bucks if he just continues his mobile phone contract with Singtel, the telco which exclusively carries it. At the store however, the staff informed us that the iPhone had 4 major flaws… no MMS, no bluetooh, no WiFi and it also cannot forward SMSes.
OH MY GOD LOR!!!
Okay, I so didn’t see that coming because I simply assumed that these would be really basic and practical things you’d need in a phone. Yikes!!!
So as lovely as it is, I just had to pass on the iPhone. BUT I still needed a swift replacement and I wasn’t going to leave the store after waiting for almost half an hour to be served! I decided on the new Samsung Omnia instead because I remember reading positive reviews about it during the recent tech launch & it does have that sexy sleek design that I totally dig.
Samsung’s Omnia obviously cost a lot more than the Apple iPod and I was going to make my purchase at the cashier when J C whipped out his credit card and BAM! The man beat me to it and shrugged it off by saying it was my reward for the kick@ss performance last evening. That was certainly nice and totally unexpected. Wow! The man is such a teddy bear!!!
I’m happy like a clam now. *grin* I’m meeting my beloved Queenies later this evening for drinks and desserts… it’s time to celebrate!!! I really miss the girls, it feels like so long since we last met though it was just some weeks ago. Heh.
PS: Check out our Facebook page, we’ve got some pretty cool things happening there